About Mark Shepherd Acupuncture & Tui Na Massage
Mark is a member of the British Acupuncture Council (www.acupuncture.org.uk) which has Codes of Professional Conduct and Safe Practice. Mark is also a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (www.fht.org.uk). Mark studied Acupuncture at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine in Reading and so practices both Five Element Acupuncture (Five Element Constitutional Acupuncture) and TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) styles of Acupuncture. Mark had additionally trained and become a Dr Tan Balance Method – Advanced Track Practitioner.
Further Education & Creditations
Mark also completed his Diploma in Tuina (Chinese Theraputic Massage) at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine in Reading. Mark is qualified in both Reiki and Reflexology. Mark has been a part of the therapist team at CancerWise (www.cancerwise.org.uk) in Chichester since 2008.
Mark is an Associated Practitioner for The Arthritis Action (www.arthritisaction.org.uk). For a number of years, Mark previously wrote a regular health column, Health Matters, for the Chichester Observer.
Personal Interest & Approach
Mark’s interest in martial arts (including karate, tai chi and aikido) compliments his work in Acupuncture and Tui Na Massage. He believes in people looking after themselves mentally, physically and spiritually, that is:
Promoting their good body function and the alleviation of pain and discomfort.
aiding their functions such as good concentration or the ability to sleep well.
Their inner world i.e. trying to help themselves with stuck thoughts or emotions (such as excessive anger or fear, regret or the inability to move on) that are inhibiting their enjoyment of life.
Listed Qualification & additional Training
- BSc (Hons) and Licentiate in Acupuncture
- Dip Tui Na
- Reiki Level II
- IIHHT Diploma in Reflexology
- Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture
- Helping Cancer Patients Using Acupuncture
- 2 Day CPD course in Tuina- Chinese Theraputic Massage
- Emergency First Aid at Work with St John Ambulance
- 1 Year Diploma in Tuina (College of Integrated Chinese Medicine)
- ‘Getting Better at Getting the CF’ (a CPD Day furthering knowledge of Five Element Constitutional Acupuncture with John and Angela Hicks) – 2013
- 2 Day Sports and Musculo-Skeletal Injuries (with Kevin Young) – 2013
- Needling Skills 1 with Charlie Buck 2013
- Needling Skills 2 with Charlie Buck 2013
- Sinew Meridians course 2013.
- Foundation and Advance Track Dr Tan Balance Method Acupuncture 2014
“Seeing Mark made me realise how stress and exhaustion effect pain management – I wasn’t coping. Mark has treated the whole person which has helped enormously. ”